Praiseworks - Blog
Vitamins and Minerals That NATURALLY Help to Pevent Cancer
Today my friends I would like to discuss something that has touched all of our lives either yourself or a family member, and that is cancer. Cancer is something that we hear and talk about daily. I would like to give you some natural suggestion on how to help your body and your families stay healthy and cancer free.
1. Vitamin B6: B-6 is the master vitamin (Check it out) in processing amino acids and the building blocks of all proteins and some hormones. This vitamin from the B complex is essential to support the immune system and helps to protect and maintain a healthy respiratory tract against infection and from the many pollutants that we are exposed to daily. Found primarily in carrots, apples, bananas, organ meats, sweet potatoes, and leafy greens. According to research Vitamin B6 helps with cervical cancer prevention.
2. Vitamin C: Is known for being a excellent antioxidant vitamin has shown great promise in the prevention of many types of cancer and disease control and management.It promotes healthy cell development, wound healing and resistant to infections. Vitamin C is probably one of the most researched nutrients. In a recent study that included breast, ovary, uterus, and cervix cancer patients were given large doses of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) (Check it out) and other vitamins. The results were very promising with the length of their lives increased to 13 to 21 times longer in those that used vitamin therapy via that did not. Vitamin C can be found in red peppers, citrus fruits, rosehip tea and potatoes.
3. Folic acid: Folic Acid (Check it out) is also known as folate or Vitamin B9. Research as shown that folic acid helps to protect in cervical cancer and is necessary for the proper formation of the body’s own genetic material, DNA and RNA. It is recommended for helping pregnant women. Found in beets, cabbage, dark green leafy vegetables, eggs, most types of fish, and citrus fruits.
4. Calcium: Calcium (check it out) is not only good for your bones; it also protects against colon cancer. Good sources of calcium are nuts and seeds, carrot juice, dark leafy green, milk, and cheese.
5. Beta Carotene: It is considered precursor of and linked to vitamin A (Check it out) This is truly an amazing nutrient and is essential for optimal health. This nutrient is found in orange and green colored fruits and vegetables. Good sources of beta-carotene include carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, kale and Collard greens. Research has shown that Beta-carotene helps to protect the lungs and stomach against toxins that are linked to these cancers and ex-smokers who ate foods high in beta carotene daily decreased their risks of stomach and lung cancer.
6. Vitamin E: In addition to protecting against bowel cancer, Vitamin E (check it out) works as a powerful antioxidant that reduces the damage caused by ozone and pollutants on the cells. It is found in eggs, wheat germ, liver, unrefined vegetable oils, and dark green vegetables.
7. Vitamin D: This vitamin according to science and research has proved to be essential in preventing many types of cancer. Some studies suggest that higher intakes of vitamin D from food and/or supplements and higher levels of vitamin D (Check it out) in the blood are associated with reduced risks of colorectal cancer, pancreatic, breast, and prostate cancer. Very few foods naturally contain vitamin D, but these few foods include fatty fish, fish liver oil, and eggs. Most dietary vitamin D comes from fortified foods, such as milk, juices, yogurt, bread, and breakfast cereals or naturally from sunshine.
8. Magnesium: Essential for your muscles, magnesium also offers protection against cancer in general. Magnesium helps to repair DNA and damaged DNA can increase the risk of developing cancer, magnesium helps with the repair work. Magnesium can be found in nuts and sees, brown rice, whole grains and green vegetables.
9. Selenium: One of the most effective naturally occurring weapons against cancer is, like most healthy things, something many of us are not getting enough of. This mineral helps the body to produce glutathione, a powerful detox enzyme. Because toxic build-up is linked to cancer, supporting your body to detox naturally helps reducing your risks of developing cancer. In general, lower levels of selenium have been linked to higher cancer incidence. The mineral selenium (Check it out) has been shown in multiple studies to be an effective tool in warding off various types of cancer, including breast, esophageal, stomach, prostate, liver and bladder cancers. Good vegan selenium sources include Brazil nuts, button mushrooms, shiitake, barley, garlic, onions, broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes, whole grains and seeds. Other sources are egg yolks, seafood, poultry and kidney, liver and muscle meats that contain the mineral.
One of the most important ways to warn off cancer is by living a healthy lifestyle. Organic, nutrient-rich food is an essential part of a clean lifestyle. Take care in what you choose to eat and what your family eats-it could be the one of the most important lessons you teach your children! We need to take care of ourselves and stay healthy to insure a secure future for our world-
So Remember to “Go Green” to “Save Our Planet Earth!”
Quote of the Day: “A hostile person lives in a hostile world, A loving person lives in a loving world
"Wellness Woman 40 and Beyond...Different Backgrounds,Same Journey!" Nations First Mind,Body,Spirit Magazine for Women Over 40
Return Healthier From Vacation
By Guest Blogger - Cole Millen
Read our New Magazine "WellnessWoman 40 and Beyond...Different Backgrounds, Same Journey"
Are you feeling tired all the time? Do you suffer from aches and pains, cold like symptoms, sleeplessness? Do you have problems focusing? If you said "yes" to any of these questions, you are probably STRESSED. Read, "DeStress The Mess, Minimize The Impact of Stress On Your Body,Maximize The Joy" Tips, Tools and Techniques to help you DESTRESS YOUR MESS!
Health and Wellness Tip-10 Ways to Burn Fat (made with Spreaker)
How to Beat the "I don't have time" Excuse and Other Excuses That Keep You From Working Out
I have been working out doing my newest routine for three weeks now. Lately, I have found all kinds of reasons why I can't workout. Each time I have had to go through some steps to keep myself motivated. I have had to "re-sell" myself on why I am working out. Of course as a Health and Wellness coach I know all the good reasons why I should work out, but there are days when I just don't want to workout. There are at least 5 main objections I have to overcome from time to time.
"I don't have enough time"
True. Time is a factor. So rather than working out a full thirty minutes at a time. What if I break my workout up in 10 minute increments? According the American Fitness Council it is perfectly acceptable to break up your workout. Your body will get the same benefits and it is definitely better than not working out at all.
" I'm too sore"
True. Soreness can be a real pain in the butt. But did you know if you stop working out because you are sore you will just get even more sore? Workout anyway and push through your soreness. Before you go to bed each night soak in dead sea salts or Epsom salts, this will do wonders for soreness. Use essential oils that help relieve soreness. I use Fiscal Therapy Essential Oil it truly works! Increase your water (12 to 24 ounces for each hour of workout), eat protein within two hours of workout to help muscles repair themselves (Quinoa is a great source of protein and low on calories)
"I am bored with my workout"
True. Doing the same workout everyday is very boring after awhile. So ...switch it up! Try doing your workout three times a week, then add a walking or running day and perhaps some other movement like dancing, Zumba, working with weights, swimming, riding a bicycle,etc...
"I am too tired and I have no energy!"
True. There are days when we are just to tired to move. Believe me I have been there. But when I look at the alternative of missing a day and therefore making it a bit harder to reach my goal I make another choice. I drink cup of ice coffee, or drink 8 ounces of water, or perhaps splash cold water on my face and go for doing at least five minutes of my workout. Next thing I know I have a bit more energy and I am ready to finish the next few minutes of my routine!
"I am not getting any results"
True. Sometimes we don't get the results we want...right away. Look at it this way, it took some time to get out of shape and it is going to take some time get back in shape. Be kind to yourself. Remember that it is important to get fit and loose weight gradually. Set realistic goals for yourself and be prepared to have some periods during your journey when you might hit a plateau. That is okay, it is part of the process. Your body is making adjustments and after awhile you will start to see the results of your hard work. Vary your workout routine, keep to your schedule, make sure your diet is healthy - low in fat, high in protein, and drink plenty of water.
Week Two- Slim Down Butts,Hips and Thighs Challenge - Check It Out!!
Each week, you will receive a new workout for the following week. It will be broken down into 3 sections – A, B, C. You will perform Sections A and C exactly the same way. They are just broken up for convenience and to give you time to rest.
Sections A and C will be performed in Rounds. You will complete each round and then move directly into the next.
- The first workout of the week, you will perform 3 Rounds
- The second workout of the week, you will perform 4 Rounds
- The third workout of the week, you will perform 5 Rounds
You should already have downloaded the following apps to your phone, tablet or iPad:
- My Fitness Pal
Six Tips To Help You Curb Your Carb Cravings!
give into your cravings the healthy way
If you follow the six rules below you can avoid mindless eating and curb caloric intake.
- When it’s snack time, measure out a serving size from the package and put the package away. When at work, in a restaurant or another’s home stay away from bowls of candy and snacks like chips and pretzels.
- Brush your teeth after you eat dinner to tell your brain that you’re done eating. During the day you can chew a sugarless mint or gum to remind yourself that you are finished eating.
- At the end of the day, close down the kitchen, turn off the lights, and put all food away. Keeping a tidy kitchen (food is out of sight, except a bowl of fresh fruit) follows the rule out of sight out of mind.
- Fight boredom, which encourages snacking, by taking a walk, doing a puzzle, Sudoku or playing a game with a family member. When watching TV, lift hand weights or stretch during TV commercials, especially the ones about food. Read a good book, but sip at a bottle of water to prevent eating.
- If you have to snack before bed (people with diabetes often need a night time snack), go for fresh fruits and veggies—foods with high water content. This keeps calories down and deals with thirst, which is often confused with hunger. Fill your belly with water, not calories and hit the hay for a good night’s rest. When asleep you can’t think about food.
- Tell your family and friends about your plan to curb mindless eating. Ask them to help you, kindly remind you. If a friend or family member wants to lose weight, joining your plan is a great way to start.
Good luck. Stick to your plan and you’ll lose those calories, stop the mindless eating
- One Day Can Change Everything
- Smile Through The Trail,Push To Success AND Stop Bein' A Mess
- Slimming Down Butts,Thighs and Hips - Ready? Let's Do This!
- My Journey to Emotional Wellness
- Eat Pray Dance - Thriving in Your Mind Body and Spirit During Difficult Times
- Are You Flexible?
- Self- Care,Soul-Care During Challenging Times
- Are You a "Wellness Woman" -What's Your Definition?
- A Journey to Emotional Wellness (made with Spreaker)
- Lose the Fear